Welcome to Rootsoflife.org
My name is Bruce and I am a Reiki and Holistic Wellness Teacher & Practitioner. I was born and raised in Chicago, USA, but my British roots have finally taken me back to Europe after 8 years in Hong Kong.
My focus is on sharing my love for Reiki and Holistic Wellness with others, helping others improve their health and well-being, and assisting others on their paths to becoming professional practitioners.
Prior to my holistic wellness work, I was a secondary teacher, however, it wasn’t without its ups and downs. Long hours and lots of stress ended up taking its toll on me both mentally and physically. In particular, my health really began to suffer. My blood pressure, weight, stress levels, and personal rest were all getting out of whack and the final wake-up call to me came in the form of a diagnosis of cancer.
I knew I had to get better, and I knew I had to make some changes, so I turned back to my practice of Reiki and meditation, which ultimately has brought me full circle back into health and balance.
It is my sincere desire and joy to walk with all of my students as you discover the beautiful practice of Reiki, and the larger world of Holistic Wellness.
My Credentials & Focus:
- Reiki Teacher and Practitioner focusing on Usui Reiki Ryoho, but having studied many other forms of Reiki (Tibetan, Kundalini, Tummo, etc)
(See Reiki Lineages Below)
- Trained and continue to study Usui Reiki Ryoho at its roots in Kyoto, Japan where I return yearly both as a student of the practice and as a Reiki tour leader and teacher
- Resident Reiki Practitioner at The Vitality Center – Hong Kong (One of the oldest Chinese Medicine and Wellness Clinics in the city)
- I teach Reiki Globally both online and in person
- Holistic Wellness and Wellbeing Coach & Mentoring
- Sound Healing Practitioner & Teacher
- Plant Medicine Practitioner & Teacher (Focused on Marijuana, Mushrooms, and Rapeh)
- Global Retreats focusing on Holistic Wellness and Relationships
- Yoga/Breathwork/Meditation Practitioner & Teacher
My Reiki Lineage
I have studied and practiced Reiki since 2006 and have completed training and courses in the USA, Hong Kong, India, and most recently in Kyoto, Japan. As my lineage chart to the left shows, I am committed to the practice and preservation of traditional Japanese Reiki and I regularly return for training in Usui Reiki Ryoho with my teachers in Japan.
One of the guiding precepts of Reiki is
Just for today, I will do my work honestly
And that means to be a lifelong learner within the practice as well as a lifelong teacher and practitioner.
I strive to connect my students directly to the roots of Usui Reiki Ryoho and aim to do so via my online course offerings, my global retreats, and Reiki pilgrimages to the birthplace of Usui Reiki Ryoho – Kyoto, Japan.
I look forward to walking with you on your Reiki journey and helping to connect you directly to the roots of the practice.
In Gassho to all